Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 5, 2011

Prfekte Teechre

It's just getting better and better.  And quite frankly, after tonight's message on the board from Ella, I don't know if it can get any better than this.


We prayed for learning spirits before we ever started school and the Lord is truly blessing us with this answer to prayer.  It's such a joy to see the girls take an interest in what we are learning.  They are excited about school and Ella told me tonight she "loved it".  That just makes my heart melt.  They are thriving and it thrills me.

As I mentioned earlier, God is changing my perspective on schooling.  Something we can't get enough of is living books.  Though we've always read to the girls, there is a difference in their interest and joy of reading when it is a living book.  Right now we are in the middle of On the Banks of Plum Creek (The Little House series) and Old Mother West Wind.  In fact, the girls beg me to read more... And I'm not just talking at night in an effort to stall bedtime (wink).  This is in the middle of the day they ask, "Pleeeaaaasssseeee read another chapter, please!"  I have to force myself to put the book down in an effort to save my cotton mouth.

But, there really is something magical about reading time.  I love to hear their imagination take shape when they talk about the book with me.  I love them curled up beside me listening with wide eyes.  I love laughing together and hearing their sweet giggles.  And, of course, every mother wants their child to love books. And that's what is taking shape for us.  They love reading.  Thank goodness!  It took me 20+ years to appreciate good literature.  I'm so thankful they have a head start. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your new blog! I have been considering the Little House on the Prairie series and you have given me a nudge to jump on that. Thanks! Glad all is going well!

Post a Comment